Custom Home Design & Renovations In Rockland
Before you begin constructing a new home, addition, or renovating your basement you need the proper architectural plans & drawings. The architectural plans and drawings are created by our team of architects, engineers and technologists. With the plans you can then acquire building permits from the city and get quotations from contractors to build or renovate your home. We make building luxury homes and renovations easy with an in house team of industry professionals including interior designers, relators, lawyers and more. So don’t hesitate to contact us today to get started on your dream home.
We Can Help You With Renovation Building Permits
Before you start a custom renovation in Rockland you will require a building permit. For major renovations you will require the help of an architect to provide drawings and plans that the city can review. A building permit is required for the following renovations in Rockland:
- new construction, including apartments, of residential, commercial, industrial or institutional buildings
- the addition of a carport, garage, new rooms or floors
- any alteration to a building, such as the addition of a deck, balcony, canopy or dormer;
- excavation work for the construction or expansion of a basement
- construction of a building with a floor area of more than 108 square feet (garage or other);
- replacement of doors or windows when the structure must be modified;
- renovations, repairs or structural modifications to a building (removal of a partition or load-bearing wall)
- installation of a wood stove, furnace, fireplace or chimney
- finishing a basement;
- installation of a sign or structural tower;
- change in the use of a building (example: from residential to commercial);
- installation of a new roof structure on a building (except replacement of roof shingles)
- construction of a retaining wall greater than 1 metre in height as defined by the Building Code
- installation or modification of the plumbing system;
- installation of solar panels on a building.
Let us work with you to turn your dream renovation into a reality. Work with a dedicated project manager and have professional help in not just planning your design but with obtaining the required permits from the city of Clarence Rockland. We will work with you to create a custom plan that fits your budget and your vision. Whether you’re planning a kitchen remodel or a complete home renovation, we’re here to help make your dream a reality. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Building A Custom Luxury Home In Rockland
If you’re looking to build a custom home in Rockland, there are a few zoning requirements you’ll need to meet first. The application process can seem daunting, but we’re here to help you every step of the way. First, you’ll need to obtain a building permit from the city. This can be done by submitting a permit application, which must include detailed plans for your proposed home. Once your application is approved, you’ll need to comply with all the requirements of the zoning ordinance. This includes ensuring that your home meets all setback requirements and that it does not exceed the maximum allowable height. With careful planning and attention to detail, you can ensure that your custom home project goes smoothly and meets all the necessary requirements.
- Completed Schedule 1: Designer information;
- Completed application for a Permit to Construct or Demolish
- Letter of authorization by owner (if applicant is not the owner).
Architectural Drawings Required:
- A qualified BCIN designer can produce the required drawings;
- The plans must be to scale and be comprised of foundation, all storeys, elevations, cross sections, details drawings;
- SB-12 form and HVAC design (MEP Drawing);
- Pre-engineered floor and truss plans;
- Site location plan and grading plan stamped by a Certified Surveyor or Professional Engineer;
- The deed for the property;
- Culvert permit if a new entrance is proposed;
- Water connexion permit if a new service is required;
- Septic permit if applicable (contact South Nation Conservation for this permit).
Rockland Custom Home Building Permit Fees
If you’re thinking of building a custom home in Rockland, Ontario, you’ll need to factor in the cost of building permits. The fees vary depending on the size and value of your home, but with this information you can estimate what to budget for custom home permits. By factoring in all of these costs, you can be sure that you have a realistic budget for your custom home build.
- 1479.00$ for the first 1500 sq. Ft. and 0.80$ per additional square feet for the house only;
- 153.00$ for the first 300 sq. Ft and 0.40$ per additional square feet for an attached garage, deck, porch, finished basement;
- 15.30$ per plumbing fixture (sinks, toilet, shower, tub …);
- 51.00$ for each municipal connexion, water, sanitary, storm;
- 204.00$ for solid fuel burning appliance (if applicable);
- 1000$ to 5000$ performance deposit (returned to you, if all proper inspections and documents are approved and provided within the first year, 25% is retained for every year of non-compliance);
- 2500.00$ for a grading deposit, an as-built plan is required for the reimbursement;
- 941.00$ of school board development charge (may change every year);
- 466.54$ water meter fee if applicable;
- Development charge depends on services provide to the lot (may change every year);
- 113.02$ civic post fee if applicable;
- 20.00$ for the recycling bins.
Living In Clarence Rockland
Clarence Rockland is a town in eastern Ontario, Canada. It is located within the Ottawa River watershed and is about 45 kilometers from downtown Ottawa. The town has a population of about 11,000 people and is growing steadily. The town is a popular place to live as it offers a good mix of urban and rural amenities. There are plenty of restaurants, cafes, shops, and parks in the town, but it is also close to nature with easy access to hiking and biking trails. Rockland has excellent schools and recreation facilities so families can feel confident that their children will receive a good education. Finally, the town is safe and friendly. Crime rates are low, and people often know their neighbours. For all these reasons, Clarence Rockland is a great place to live.
Visitors to Rockland can enjoy a number of activities, including hiking, biking, and swimming. There are also a number of trails located throughout the town, making it the perfect place to explore the great outdoors. In addition, Rockland is home to a number of historical landmarks, including the Rockland Covered Bridge and the Rockland Museum.
Rockland residents are lucky to have multiple options when it comes to golfing. The Rockland Golf Club & Camelot are great choices for those who are looking for a challenging private course. Hammond is ideal for those who are looking for a more relaxed game. Whatever your style, there is sure to be a course that suits your needs. So get out there and enjoy the beautiful Rockland scenery while you work on your swing!
Property Taxes In Rockland
If you’re thinking of purchase a custom luxury home in Rockland, Ontario, you’ll want to be aware of the property taxes. The amount of tax you’ll pay will depend on the assessed value of your home, which is determined by the municipality. The current rate for residential properties is 0.69%, so if your home is assessed at $1 million, you’ll owe $6900 in property taxes each year. Of course, this is just one factor to consider when buying a luxury home. Other costs such as insurance, utilities, and maintenance should also be taken into account. But with careful planning, owning a luxury home can be a rewarding experience made a lot easier with help from our experts!