Custom Homes & Renovations In North Grenville
Building a custom home or undertaking a major renovation is a big project. There’s a lot to think about including designing the project, getting the permits and choosing a contractor. If you are looking to renovate or build a new home working with us is the easiest way to get the plans required to take your project to the next stage. We offer more than just architects! Choosing us means you’ll get a dedicated project manager and access to a team of industry professionals including lawyers, relators, interior designers & contractors. Get professional help at every step of the way, book a free consultation today.
North Grenville Custom Renovations & Building Permits
In the area building permits are overseen by North Grenville (https://www.northgrenville.ca/live/municipal-services/applications-licences-and-permits). Keep your renovations on time and within budget by getting your building plans approved with the help from professional architects. Here are renovations that we can help get you a building permit for:
- the addition of a carport, garage, new rooms or floors
- any alteration to a building, such as the addition of a deck, balcony, canopy or dormer;
- excavation work for the construction or expansion of a basement
- construction of a building with a floor area of more than 108 square feet (garage or other);
- replacement of doors or windows when the structure must be modified;
- renovations, repairs or structural modifications to a building (removal of a partition or load-bearing wall)
- installation of a wood stove, furnace, fireplace or chimney
- finishing a basement;
- installation of a sign or structural tower;
- change in the use of a building (example: from residential to commercial);
- installation of a new roof structure on a building (except replacement of roof shingles)
- construction of a retaining wall greater than 1 metre in height as defined by the Building Code
- installation or modification of the plumbing system;
- installation of solar panels on a building.
Building A Custom Home In North Grenville
The process of designing and constructing a new building is a complex one, and there are many potential pitfalls along the way. Our team of architects has extensive experience in navigating the approval process, and we will work diligently to ensure that your plans are approved in a timely manner. We also understand the importance of staying on schedule and on budget, and we will do everything we can to keep construction running smoothly. With our help, you can rest assured that your project will be completed on time and within budget. We do more than just design custom homes, we provide complete concierge service providing you with real estate help, legal advice and experienced interior designers. Let our custom home designs speak for us and meet your project manager by scheduling a free consult.
Living In North Grenville
North Grenville is a municipality in eastern Ontario within the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville. The population of North Grenville is 11,676. The most popular neighbourhoods to build a home in are North Grenville are Kemptville, Oxford Mills, Bishop’s Mills, and Burritts Rapids. Kemptville is the largest community in North Grenville where you’ll want to build to be closer to the centre. While Oxford Mills, Bishop’s Mills, Burritts Rapids are smaller but located closer to the Rideau River. This area is the perfect spot to build a custom home since it has lots of land while being close to the town of Kemptville.
Lots For Sale In North Grenville
If you’re looking for a rural area close to Kemptville and Ottawa, North Grenville is the perfect place to buy property for a custom home. With lots of land available, there are properties to suit all kinds of construction projects. Our team can help you not only with architectural drawings, but also with finding the perfect lot for your needs. So if you’re looking for a rural oasis close to all the amenities of city life, North Grenville is the perfect place to build.
Looking for land to purchase in order to build a custom home? Check out the properties available for sale in the area, start your search for the perfect property here: https://www.realtor.ca/on/north-grenville/land-for-sale
Property Taxes In North Grenville
Planning on building a custom house in North Grenville? The amount of property taxes you will pay on a luxury home in North Grenville Ontario will depend on the assessed value of your home and the tax rate set by the municipality. The municipality sets the tax rate each year, based on the amount of money needed to fund local services. The assessed value of a luxury home in North Grenville, Ontario is typically higher than the market value, as it includes factors such as the quality of construction and the location of the property. For 2019, the tax rate for a luxury home in North Grenville, Ontario is 0.78%. This means that if your home is assessed at $1 million, you would owe $7,800 in property taxes for the year.
How An Architect Can Help
What are the different ways in which an architect can help ensure a smooth home building or custom renovation experience?
- preparation of a design to govern the construction, enlargement, or alteration of a building,
- evaluating, advising on or reporting on the construction, enlargement, or alteration of a building
- Review the construction, enlargement, or alteration of a building
- planning, urban design, and land-use planning;
- creating preliminary studies, designs, models, drawings, specifications, and technical documentation;
- administering contracts;
- consulting on economics, tendering approaches, and cost estimates;
- offering project management and construction monitoring
When planning your project, get expert help from industry insiders including interior designer, realtors, lawyers, contractors and more!