Custom Homes & Renovations In Kanata
Building a custom home or undertaking a major renovation is a big project. There’s a lot to think about including designing the project, getting the permits and choosing a contractor. If you are looking to renovate or build a new home working with us is the easiest way to get the plans required to take your project to the next stage. We offer more than just architects! Choosing us means you’ll get a dedicated project manager and access to a team of industry professionals including lawyers, relators, interior designers & contractors. Get professional help at every step of the way, book a free consultation today.
Kanata Custom Renovations & Building Permits
A building permit is required for nearly all construction, alteration, and repair projects in Kanata. Let our team of architects take care of your renovation project providing all the necessary plans and drawings ensuring your building permit is approved quickly. Working with professional architects means you get all the required drawings including site plans, elevation plans, building plans, mechanical and electrical drawings, and more. Getting your permit applications approved will be expedited if you use the services of a professional architect. Here are some of the renovations project our architects can help design & build in Kanata.
- the addition of a carport, garage, new rooms or floors
- any alteration to a building, such as the addition of a deck, balcony, canopy or dormer;
- excavation work for the construction or expansion of a basement
- construction of a building with a floor area of more than 108 square feet (garage or other);
- replacement of doors or windows when the structure must be modified;
- renovations, repairs or structural modifications to a building (removal of a partition or load-bearing wall)
- installation of a wood stove, furnace, fireplace or chimney
- finishing a basement;
- installation of a sign or structural tower;
- change in the use of a building (example: from residential to commercial);
- installation of a new roof structure on a building (except replacement of roof shingles)
- construction of a retaining wall greater than 1 metre in height as defined by the Building Code
- installation or modification of the plumbing system;
- installation of solar panels on a building.
Building A Custom Home In Kanata
We do more than just design custom homes, we provide complete concierge service providing you with real estate help, legal advice and experienced interior designers. Let our custom home designs speak for us and meet your project manager by scheduling a free consult.
Living In Kanata
Thinking about building a custom home? Here is some information about the real estate, property taxes, demographics and things to do in the community. Kanata Ontario is a great place to live for families. It is a safe and welcoming community with plenty of activities for families to do. The schools are top notch and there are plenty of parks and recreation facilities in the area. Families can enjoy hiking, biking, swimming, and even fishing in the many lakes and rivers in the area. There is also a great selection of restaurants and shops in Kanata, so families can always find something to do. In short, Kanata Ontario is a great place to live for families who want to enjoy the outdoors and have access to all the amenities of a city.
Lots For Sale In Kanata
Purchasing property can be a big decision. You want to make sure you find the perfect spot to build your dream home. If you are looking for property in Kanata, we have just what you are looking for. We have land available that is perfect to build your custom luxury home on. Click the link to see all of our listings. You are sure to find the perfect property to suit your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you find the perfect piece of property to call your own. (https://www.realtor.ca/on/ottawa/kanata/land-for-sale)
Property Taxes In Kanata
Kanata is a suburb in West Ottawa so subject to the same property taxes in the city. The property taxes in Kanata for a custom home would be approximately $6,000 per year. The city of Ottawa has a program where you can defer your property taxes if you are a senior, or if you are a low income person. You can also apply for a rebate if your property taxes are high relative to the value of your home. If you live in Kanata and have a home with a market value of $500,000, your annual property taxes would be about $3,000. You would be eligible for a tax rebate of $1,200, which would reduce your annual property tax bill to $1,800.
How An Architect Can Help
What are the different ways in which an architect can help ensure a smooth home building or custom renovation experience?
- preparation of a design to govern the construction, enlargement, or alteration of a building,
- evaluating, advising on or reporting on the construction, enlargement, or alteration of a building
- Review the construction, enlargement, or alteration of a building
- planning, urban design, and land-use planning;
- creating preliminary studies, designs, models, drawings, specifications, and technical documentation;
- administering contracts;
- consulting on economics, tendering approaches, and cost estimates;
- offering project management and construction monitoring
When planning your project, get expert help from industry insiders including interior designer, realtors, lawyers, contractors and more!